The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-02-2024, 03:32 PM

A brass Swampslide.
Old 04-03-2024, 04:34 PM
Charter Member

Dunlop glass. I’ve had it a long time so I have no idea which one it is. I was just using it. I have an original glass Corcedin bottle too but it’s a little large for my finger. I like the slide on my ring finger.
Old 04-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Charter Member

Some of the usual, bottle necks , and ceramic Dunlop Moonshine Slides

IMG_1931 (002).jpg

A couple here that haven't been mentioned. The two on the left, the white and
reddish colors are steak bone slides from C.B Gitty. This thread caused me to look into bone slides, found these and just received them, interesting tone, they're not particularly heavy, certainly different than a metal slide, and you can tell that they're lighter than a heavy ceramic slide. They talk about the old blues guys using a steak bone for a slide, glad I gave them a try. Nice on a steel string flattop, as well as a resonator. The thick brass next to the bone slides is an AcoustiGlide. it's heavy, like a steel socket with a little bit of a curve to the body. Next to the AcoustiGlide is a MagSlide, made of magnesium. Interesting tone, very lightweight, sounds a little like a cross between a metal slide and a glass slide to me. The MagSlide has an interesting interior, with 4 ridges and grooves that gives a good grip like feel on the finger, kinda cool.

IMG_1932 (002).jpg

Last edited by yaharadelta; 04-05-2024 at 04:47 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion