The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-21-2015, 01:40 AM

Default Bedell Blowout Brigade, Check In

Based on another thread, when a couple other members also expressed their affection for their Bedells. I was wondering about the rest of the Brigade Brigade and what experiences you have had with your Bedells over the last year--yes, it's been that long. How many did you get in the frenzy? Do you play them? Do you still have them? What is your feeling about their value?
I have four (Check signature) and I've had a great experience w/mine. As I was fairly new to playing last year, their quality has inspired me to really become a better player. I'm taking group classes, and my teacher, who is very experienced, complemented my sitka/sapele's tone and asked me if it was a Collings.
I know my taste in guitars jumped drastically, and I can go to a guitar store, play some nice guitars, but not feel that they're better than what I have in the Bedells. I enjoy their different tones, and often play them consecutively.
The Cedar/EIRosewood's sound is exceptional. And the one time I had it plugged in, it sounded fantastic.
They've made me curious about other all-wood tones, hence my Larrivee and Guild (sitka/mahogany) and All-hog Breedlove. I'm having too much fun, and am grateful that I caught the Blow-out as I never could have got them all otherwise...
Breedlove Passport All-Hog Parlor 2014
Larrivee OM-02 2004
Guild GAD F-130
Seagull Entourage Rustic Mini Jumbo 2011
Zager ZAD 20 2004
Takamine GS430S
Martin LXM
3 Antique Classics

Good Things Come in Small Packages
Old 11-21-2015, 07:11 AM

I recently bought an OHA-18G. Marketed as a parlor, it's closer in size to a 00. 12 fret, Award series ( Bedell's PacRim top of the line) beautiful figured mahogany back/sides with a very nicely silked Englemann top, with bloodwood bindings. Absolutely beautiful tone. Quite loud, and very resonant for it's size. I went from a GS Mini HV version to this, and couldn't be happier. One fantastic guitar!
Old 11-21-2015, 10:17 AM

Mine is cedar/eir, OM sized.
Their model #'s are too confusing for me.
Everything about the guitar is 1st rate, slightly softer sound than Collings
I loaned mine to my songwriting partner, and he won't return it.
After a set-up, this guitar exceeded my expectations, especially, the amplified sound. And, this guitar could easily sell for 5-10x the $349 I paid.
Please have another Bedell blowout!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2015, 05:13 PM

I purchased 7 total (3 dreads, 4 grand auditorium size) last year. I've since traded the MB-28G for another dread and gave one of the dreads as a gift, but everyone of the Bedells were top notch in terms of sound and quality. I've owned and played several of the "big name" (Martin, Taylor, Gibson, etc.) guitars and the Bedells hold their own with all of them. Of the 5 I have left, 4 I will never part with. This was the most amazing deal I've ever encountered as far as all solid wood acoustics. No detail was skimped on whether it be the hide glue construction, quality of the woods (you just don't find ebony fretboards and bridges on other $300 guitars), and the fit and finish. Just amazing regardless of where they were made.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat View Post
I recently bought an OHA-18G. Marketed as a parlor, it's closer in size to a 00. 12 fret, Award series ( Bedell's PacRim top of the line) beautiful figured mahogany back/sides with a very nicely silked Englemann top, with bloodwood bindings. Absolutely beautiful tone. Quite loud, and very resonant for it's size. I went from a GS Mini HV version to this, and couldn't be happier. One fantastic guitar!
The parlor size was the other one I would have liked, especially the all-hog model, I'm sure it sounds great!
Breedlove Passport All-Hog Parlor 2014
Larrivee OM-02 2004
Guild GAD F-130
Seagull Entourage Rustic Mini Jumbo 2011
Zager ZAD 20 2004
Takamine GS430S
Martin LXM
3 Antique Classics

Good Things Come in Small Packages

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion