The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-07-2015, 10:11 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras
Default Straight Up Strings

For those of you who have been wondering about the Santa Cruz strings but thought they were too expensive, you might be interested in this link to the Peg Head Nation newsletter which has an announcement that Roger Siminoff is now making his strings for guitar available directly. Roger developed the strings for Santa Cruz with Richard Hoover. Now whether or not these are the exact same strings, I do not know. But they are designed with the same principles related to tension as opposed to gauge and redesigning the core to wrap ratios. Roger has been making banjo and mandolin strings for decades. You may want to check them out.

https://pegheadnation.com/news-reviews/breaking-news

Best,
Jayne
Old 11-21-2015, 06:26 AM
Charter Member

:I got 12s on my 314. They feel great, sound great and are LOUD. The lower tension helps with fingerstyle playing, didn't have to tweak the truss rod either.
Squier Sonic Pbass
Acoustic 30 watt Bass Amp
Ampeg 20watt bass amp
Old 11-21-2015, 08:10 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Great to hear. I am getting ready to put them on a couple of guitars that I have had the Santa Cruz's on. I got the medium tension 12s as well. I may put them on tomorrow since I have been requested to bring my guitar to my friend's house on Thanksgiving and play a couple of tunes.

Best,
Jayne
Old 11-22-2015, 01:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post
Great to hear. I am getting ready to put them on a couple of guitars that I have had the Santa Cruz's on. I got the medium tension 12s as well. I may put them on tomorrow since I have been requested to bring my guitar to my friend's house on Thanksgiving and play a couple of tunes.

Best,
Jayne
O.K guys you got me interested! Please tell me how they sound in comparison to other brands...brightness, sustain...say in comparison to John Pearse strings? I like play-ability...but sound is the most important issue to me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion