The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-20-2015, 05:17 PM

I have a Framus Classical guitar that my mother saved every last penny she had to buy in 1967 as a present to my dad for the birth of my oldest sister.

It sounds like crap, but I have vivid memories of my dad playing that guitar all through my childhood for us and all the neighbor kids. My dad is now in a nursing home at the young age of 73. I will give up an eye before I give up that guitar.

-------THE FLEET-------
2014 Martin GPCPA5 (1st guitar, bought 12-24-2014)
2014 Martin D15M
1967 Framus Classical
2015 Epiphone DR-100
1989 Squire Telecaster
2010 Fender USA Strat
2015 Reverend 6-Gun
2016 Tom Anderson Drop Top-T
2016 Gibson Hummingbird, Ebony Finish

Vox AC10, Fender Mustang II

Good Golf, Good Tennis, or Whatever You Like To Q!
Old 11-20-2015, 05:28 PM
Guest316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedbaby View Post
I have a Framus Classical guitar that my mother saved every last penny she had to buy in 1967 as a present to my dad for the birth of my oldest sister.

It sounds like crap, but I have vivid memories of my dad playing that guitar all through my childhood for us and all the neighbor kids. My dad is now in a nursing home at the young age of 73. I will give up an eye before I give up that guitar.
I like posts like this. A lot of times guitars are much more than the inanimate objects they appear to be. Good post.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

I have a number of really nice guitars, Martins, a Taylor, etc. The one I play every day is my Eastman E 20 OM. Perfect size, loud, can do strumming and finger picking.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:45 PM

My Martin's

J-15
2012 D-18
HD-28
Old 11-20-2015, 08:24 PM

My Martin HD-28 is one awesome guitar that will be with me until my days are finished then it will go to my grandson.

Martin acoustics
Fender and Gibson electrics
Old 11-20-2015, 08:41 PM

Default Do you own a guitar you will NEVER part with?

I think so.........................................
Old 11-20-2015, 10:18 PM

Although I think I am still searching and comparing guitar voices, handling, etc.
I love my Bedell OMs; the cedar/rosewood, sitka/sapele, sitka/rosewood cedar/sapele. The sound and build on them is excellent; and they've introduced me to the difference of playing a fine guitar. Hence the Larrivee, and the Guild. So, I doubt the Bedell Triplets+1 would be going anywhere soon.
But who knows what the future holds?
Breedlove Passport All-Hog Parlor 2014
Larrivee OM-02 2004
Guild GAD F-130
Seagull Entourage Rustic Mini Jumbo 2011
Zager ZAD 20 2004
Takamine GS430S
Martin LXM
3 Antique Classics

Good Things Come in Small Packages
Old 11-20-2015, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixguit View Post
Although I think I am still searching and comparing guitar voices, handling, etc.
I love my Bedell OMs; the cedar/rosewood, sitka/sapele, sitka/rosewood cedar/sapele. The sound and build on them is excellent; and they've introduced me to the difference of playing a fine guitar. Hence the Larrivee, and the Guild. So, I doubt the Bedell Triplets+1 would be going anywhere soon.
But who knows what the future holds?
Yeah, Bedell guitars have definitely far exceeded their expectations when I bought them. The ones in my signature will stay for a while. They are by far the best value in my collection.
Bedell TB 18G
Bedell TB 28 G 12 string
Bedell Performance Plus JB-52-12-G
Eastman AC 420
Old 11-21-2015, 12:02 AM

I have 4 that will never be sold, only passed on after my death.

First is the only guitar I've ever bought new. Gibson-Epiphone PR7ERS ordered directly from Gibson when I taught lessons at a music store. I am the only owner of that guitar, its serial number is shown in Gibson's archives as being ordered by me, delivered to the store in Springfield, Ohio. Same guitar as the one Ace Frehley played on MTV Unplugged (not that I'm a KISS fan or even a fan of his).

1976 Stratocaster hardtail natural, all original with OHSC, bought bought for $300 in 1994. First electric guitar, hit a home run on this one.

Epiphone Rivoli, MIJ bolt on. Not a very collectible piece, but I bought it for $150 and put another couple hundred in it getting the neck block fixed by Dan Erliwine. OHSC, shows a lot of wear, but I love it. Very nice playing bass, TONE for days!

My first (and only completed partscaster), started life as a Sammick strat copy. Bought for $30 in a pawnshop, swapped the pointy Sammick neck for a large headstock Fender neck, replaced all the hardware and swapped a BWB pickguard, Lace Sensor reds, and custom installed a Graph Tech Ghost piezo saddle system in- separate volumes and a mini 3 way switch, so I can blend the piezo and magneetic signals. Real TONE machine! Would like to hang on to this one, since its my first put together and a real sweet playing piece.

Everything else if I still have them when I do go quietly into the great goodnight will either be willed to friends/family (hopefully I have children by then), or probably sold off to settle my estate.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:19 AM

My CEO-7.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:08 AM

I've had several but ended up trading them for others that I will never part with.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:25 AM

It was very hard to part with any guitar I've sold in the past. I've narrowed mine down to 9 and I don't think I can part with any of them. If push comes to shove, I can force myself to sell 4. I'd have to be literally starving before I let go of the other 5.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:31 PM

Never thought of a 'forever' guitar until I picked up this '93 Goodall Brazilian.
Now I think about it when I play it

Oh, and my Huss and Dalton Honduran, that too

Come to think of it, my H and D Brazilian is very special and my everyday grab.

The Collings D2HMRA,
I really love it but would trade it in on a D42BaaaA if the sweet reverby tone could match what I got - it's amazing and special.

The Pelican, well, thats just a whole lot of fun and great at church since it has electronics in it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
taylor