The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-04-2001, 03:22 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Thumbs up Talented Teen gets Professional Guitar

Here's the news article on the young man who was given a Baby Taylor Guitar from the members of the Taylor forum. Everyone who participated in this deserves a pat on the back! You really did something good. Big thanks to JW for making this happen. This kind of thing really warms your heart.
http://www.taylor-gallery.com/images/babygift.gif

Comments welcome!

J.R.
Old 08-04-2001, 04:42 PM

Cool

The writer forgot to put in what a handsome guy I am. I guess he went with the ethical reporter approach. What happened to the picture? I assume it wouldnt scan being so dark. Lets do it again! Im sure someone knows someone that this could happen to. My check is ready! Lets do it! JW
Old 08-04-2001, 11:34 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Sorry about the picture. I just couldn't get it to come out because the artwork on the back of the newspaper kept bleeding through whenever we would scan it. Newspaper isn't great for scanning, unfortunately. Besides, neither of those guys were as handsome as you think you are.

J.R.
Old 08-05-2001, 06:39 AM

It's great to see the internet community actually doing real time help to real people.

Wonderful act of compassion and generosity. I'm glad to be a member of this forum, not only because we all love Taylor guitars, but because of the caliber and character of the members here.
Old 08-05-2001, 08:58 AM

Cool

I would like to thank everyone who participated in this. You have really made a change in this young mans life. The effects are already there and Im hoping they will be long term. he love his Big bady and rarly puts it down. His mother said he is a differant child. "He cant put it down" she says. "We sing together,Its just the two of us but were a family,He just never had anyone outside do any thing nice for him,Its made him look at others differantly, he went and raked or landladys yard the other day and I ask him why""I though it would be a nice thing to do and I know she hasnt charged any rent since dad died" This story keeps going but i just gave you a little of the effect of what you have done. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart! Its easy to see the effects when im right here on top of things and know the person. he is very gratful to each and everyone that had anything to do with this. Lets dont waste time and get started again. Who do you know! JW
Old 08-06-2001, 11:39 AM

What a great idea, and a great gesture! I'm sorry I missed. It does my heart good to read stories like this.
Old 08-06-2001, 05:44 PM

Great! Thanks for sharing the article with us.
SM

'96 Taylor 514C
'97 Taylor 514CW
'99 Taylor K14C
'06 Taylor GSMC
'03 Gretsch Nashville Classic
Old 08-08-2001, 11:02 AM

This should be an annual project by the Forum. I am incredibly sorry that I missed out on this one, your planning, execution, etc. all occurred during a lull my visiting the forum. GREAT JOB JW!!!!!! AND EVERYONE!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion