The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-07-2024, 02:56 PM

I bought mine new at Elderly almost 5 years ago. I played it for awhile and then had it set up how I wanted it. It was my only guitar for over 3 years and I played over an hour a day almost every day. Had the frets dressed about 2 years ago. They could have gone longer, but I did it before they got really bad so not much fret material had to be filed off. There are 2 very minor finish issues in the top from the factory that you wouldn't see unless I pointed it out. Besides that, no issues at all. Great sounding and playing guitar.
Old 04-07-2024, 04:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlueEMT View Post
The binding and glue failed on my 2013 000-28EC after 5 years.

Any of the "Don't worry about it crowd" are only offering subjective opinions based on nothing but their brand loyalty, denial, and hearsay. Don't listen to them unless they offer to pay for your guitar.

Do listen to those that have been affected by this decade long problem that Martin continues to ignore.

Do listen to the those that have had their guitars repaired by Martin, only to fail again.

Do listen to those that have paid out of pocket to have their guitars repaired and their disappointment when it failed again.

Those folks base their comments and experience on FACTS, not subjective, well-wishing fantasies about the Martin Guitar Co.

Good luck.
Your guitar came from the four years where they used a new glue for regulatory reasons, so buyer beware for those four years. My 2014's binding failed and was repaired by Martin on warranty, well a service warranty dealer repaired it. Out of those years I would not worry about it.

My caution lies in the rarified air of your other guitars. The bar is high. Play the Martin first.
2011 Santa Cruz D P/W
Pono OP 30 D parlor
Pono OP12-30
Pono MT uke
Goldtone Paul Beard squareneck resophonic
Fluke tenor ukulele
Boatload of home rolled telecasters

"Shut up and play ur guitar" Frank Zappa
Old 04-07-2024, 07:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br1ck View Post
Your guitar came from the four years where they used a new glue for regulatory reasons, so buyer beware for those four years. My 2014's binding failed and was repaired by Martin on warranty, well a service warranty dealer repaired it. Out of those years I would not worry about it.

My caution lies in the rarified air of your other guitars. The bar is high. Play the Martin first.
Its much more than a 4 year span. starting around 2008, and going up until ???. The present? Nobody knows, as Martin has not commented. But shops are full of models from the early 2000s to very recent.
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 04-07-2024, 08:01 PM
Charter Member

No brainer. Pick an Authentic. Head and shoulders above any pearl Martin I’ve ever played.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion