The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-07-2024, 05:53 PM

Default Eastman E10M Deluxe

Any owners out there who can comment about this model? To be specific, it is the 24.9 scale x 1-3/4 nut width version. Thanks...
Old 05-15-2024, 11:17 AM

I recently bought an Eastman E10M from Sweetwater ($599), so not the E10M Deluxe you are asking about, but it has the same scale and nut width specs. I bought it to keep at my daughters' house for when I visit. I love this guitar – the workmanship is outstanding and it sounds very good, very nice to play. The neck size is a little fatter than my Martin 000-42 (MLO), but it’s just a matter of getting used to and is not an issue. I was happy with the set-up out of the box, so no fiddling required on that. Not in the same league as my Martin 000-42 in sound, fit or finish, but not even close in same league in price either (cost ~10% of the 000-42). I highly recommend this guitar.
Martin 000-42
Eastman E10M
Old 05-15-2024, 11:45 AM

Somehow i had missed the "E10M" version and was thinking the "Deluxe" was the [only] model with 24.9 x 1-3/4 specs. Thanks very much for the info and your comments.
Old 05-15-2024, 12:01 PM
Charter Member

I have not played that specific model, but I have played the e1D and the e1D Deluxe back to back. To me, the standard e1D was much more brash and direct. The Deluxe model was more refined and a bit more "lush" in tone. I preferred the Deluxe to the standard between these two. In fact, I just sold my standard e1D and am getting a Deluxe model. I'm not sure if I want the e1D or the e3D though. The local store has both and I'm gravitating to the e3D.
Old 05-15-2024, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDigger View Post
I have not played that specific model, but I have played the e1D and the e1D Deluxe back to back. To me, the standard e1D was much more brash and direct. The Deluxe model was more refined and a bit more "lush" in tone. I preferred the Deluxe to the standard between these two. In fact, I just sold my standard e1D and am getting a Deluxe model. I'm not sure if I want the e1D or the e3D though. The local store has both and I'm gravitating to the e3D.
I haven't played the Deluxe models, but trying them against other <1k guitars, that brash, direct quality of the standard, spruce top E1 models is something I quite liked. They seem relatively dry and punchy in their field, and I didn't hear that character in a lot else.
Also double bass, electric bass, cittern, mandolin...
Old 05-15-2024, 05:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineMarten View Post
I haven't played the Deluxe models, but trying them against other &lt;1k guitars, that brash, direct quality of the standard, spruce top E1 models is something I quite liked. They seem relatively dry and punchy in their field, and I didn't hear that character in a lot else.
And that's quite possible. I had this same conversation with a friend of mine at the local guitar store. He's big into that dry, woody tone. I am more into a lush, piano like quality to varying degrees. The e1D is a great guitar and I have no doubt the e1OM would be as well.
Old 05-15-2024, 05:57 PM

I got an E1OMCE-SP because I liked my E1OM so much and wanted a cutaway, it was the first one I’m aware they released on the E line, OM (Eastman OM/ie, 000), with a cutaway. The gloss and herringbone were not needed but nice. Haven’t played the Deluxe which looks like the standard line now for this shape I guess.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion