The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-12-2006, 06:49 PM

Default First Impressions of my new guitar

I recently purchased a Full Body Burst all mahogany Collings OM. What A beauty! Much better in person than in the photos. I don't even want to know how much of an upcharge the full body burst was but it sure is a joy to look at. Certainly not a cannon, but what it lacks in quantity it makes up for in quality of sound. Every note is crytal clear all the way up the neck. Not as bright as a spruce top which is a big plus for me. The sound is darker and rounder but very present. Lots of sustain! The setup is wonderful. Very easy to play with no tightness that I have experienced with other Collings that I have played. It does not sound or feel like a new guitar but rather a well broken in old friend. I've gone through more guitars than I care to think about in the past few years but I think I'll keep this one.
Brian
Link to photo (scroll down)
http://collingsforum.com/groupee/for...5/m/4391065403
Old 03-12-2006, 09:43 PM

Congratulations Brian...

Old 03-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Charter Member

Hi Brian...
Hope it sounds better than it looks (and it looks really great).

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion