The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-19-2016, 12:43 PM

Default Laugh of the day for me.

I have to start off by saying I have a very supportive wife. That being said today I was practicing a song and I have it down pretty good. I will be the first to admit my singing is a lot worse than my guitar playing (if you can believe that!). My wife was in the same room being tortured by me playing this song over and over. It just wasn't right. I thought I knew, maybe if I change the key. So I changed from G to C and even she said it was much better. I said I wonder if I.... and she butts in and says play in another room. Well I about fell off my stool. I'm sure some would be offended by a comment like this but you know the truth is the truth and I know she didn't say it to be hurtful, or did she mean it, LOL. Well I hope you got a chuckle out of it as we did.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:00 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditch View Post
I have to start off by saying I have a very supportive wife. That being said today I was practicing a song and I have it down pretty good. I will be the first to admit my singing is a lot worse than my guitar playing (if you can believe that!). My wife was in the same room being tortured by me playing this song over and over. It just wasn't right. I thought I knew, maybe if I change the key. So I changed from G to C and even she said it was much better. I said I wonder if I.... and she butts in and says play in another room. Well I about fell off my stool. I'm sure some would be offended by a comment like this but you know the truth is the truth and I know she didn't say it to be hurtful, or did she mean it, LOL. Well I hope you got a chuckle out of it as we did.
Well, I find that songs are usually better played in another room! Never this room... (A bit Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee! Jam yesterday, jam tomorrow but never jam today... probably they were guitar players too!)
Avalon L348-ES called Marilyn (Blonde)
1966 John Bailey (had since I was 16)
Martinez Stagepro nylon
Chinese archtop bought on a whim in Shanghai
Breedlove mandolin
Fender Strat.
Just about every capo known to man! Oh, and a non-descript uke..

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion