The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-13-2016, 05:02 PM

Default Breedlove American versus Premier Series

The American series was hugely popular, but I don't hear much about their current similarly priced Premier series or see them in stores. I do hear a lot about the Oregons though. I'm just wondering if anyone has had a chance to compare these two lines. Any thoughts?
Old 03-13-2016, 05:35 PM
Charter Member

I've played a fair number of the Premiere line... all the ones I've played have been Breedlove's "Auditorium" size/shape, a bit bigger than the Concert offered in the Oregon Series... and I liked them, although I'd suggest playing before you buy, as I have played a couple that weren't "all that..." and a couple that were wonderful!

Breedlove just began offering a Premiere with a cedar top and rosewood b/s, and those are very, very nice guitars... I believe they had them at the NAMM show in January, and they should be out on the market by now, certainly... the upcharge for the cedar top is $200...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman
Old 03-13-2016, 08:06 PM

Yeah, that's the one I'm wondering about. I would like to see how that compares to the American C25CRE.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:59 AM

I've played dozens of Breedloves recently at the largest dealer of Breedlove in my State.

I didn't find the difference very huge American vs. Premier series. In fact I bought a Breedlove Pursuit a few weeks ago because I couldn't justify the extra cost for the American model.

Like anything you'll have to play them all and make a decision really.

I bought Mahogany.

YouTube Channel - Guitars, Gear, Unboxing
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_w..._k-vCqoY7yPm1Q
Old 03-19-2016, 02:25 PM

That looks nice. I remember playing a hog-top Korean made passport model that was a great bang for buck about five years back.

I've been playing my American series C25/CRe lately and loving it. The bridge truss system and cedar top allows you to play soft and get a lot of sound out of it, and then you can also hit it hard with a pick without it overdriving.

Not that I'm in the market, but I just wondered how it would compare with that newer cedar/rosewood Premier version.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
breedlove american series, breedlove premier series