The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-16-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychojohn View Post
Caught the segment last night and enjoyed it for the sound bite format dictated by the show. Was hoping for a more in depth feature but format did not allow such. Maybe Ken Burns of "Civil War" and "Baseball" fame will do one on "Guitar Lutherie" and spend more time documenting and honoring the great talent out there and the interesting intricacies of the process.

John
Agreed - it featured three different craftspeople, making three different products, so time was really short. Plus the hostess of the show seems more interested in making the segments about her and her interaction with the artists than about the artists themselves, at least IMO. It's good for satisfying mild curiosity, but not much more - example - at the end of the Henderson segment, there's the last few bars of a jam session song, with her pretending to play bass. When it was done, the camera is on her, jumping up and down and shouting, "I did it! I did it!" That should pretty much tell you what the show's really about.

1977 Martin M-38
1982 Stelling Staghorn
2013 Larrivée D-40R
2014 Andrew White Eos 1011 (sold)
2016 Pisgah Possum
Old 03-19-2016, 10:43 AM

Bet I won't be able to see it in the UK.. :-(
Avalon L348-ES called Marilyn (Blonde)
1966 John Bailey (had since I was 16)
Martinez Stagepro nylon
Chinese archtop bought on a whim in Shanghai
Breedlove mandolin
Fender Strat.
Just about every capo known to man! Oh, and a non-descript uke..

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion