The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-19-2016, 11:19 AM
Guest 1928

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmatt View Post
Just a note to let you know I own both and am selling the 18 at a reduced price on Reverb. It is like new and was a prototype. Second one of two built in 2013. The results were so good they decided to make hide glue and Torrefied tops standard on this model. As far as tone and playability... I don't think there is a better new guitar available. Clarity, sustain, strong fundamental, and sweetness. The vintage V neck is my favorite neck to play. My hands just don't tire out. I can give you a sweet deal if you are looking.

https://reverb.com/item/1371583-mart...-vintage-amber
While it doesn't really affect value or desirability, your dates are off. From your Reverb listing...

"Selling my Martin OM-18 Authentic 1933 prototype. It is like new. This is one of two Torrefied Adirondack Authentics built in 2013 as prototypes for the VTS series. In 2014 Martin switched the 1933 series to all torrefied tops with hide glue construction. Torrefied Adirondack and all hide glue construction are a $2000 upgrade to the previous models that only looked like the 1933 OM's. These guitars actually sound like the original 1933's. I will include the original receipt and the guitar is as of today not registered with CF Martin. The action is perfect and the tone to die for. Sweet and crisp like a real pre-war Martin. Return policy, 48 hour inspection period. If you don't love it, send it back in same condition as you got it and get a full refund minus shipping charges."

Serial number 1815845 is late 2014, not 2013. Martin did not switch to VTS for 2014 production. That came in 2015. The vast majority of 2014 production was non-VTS. There are a few late 2014 guitars (like yours) made with VTS for testing and January 2015 NAMM. Nice guitar.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:42 PM

also, the price of the new VTS version only went up another $100 list price from the original 2013 OM-18A. Both have hide glue construction as well. It is misleading to state that the new version is any more authentic than the original, or that it's features represent a $2000 upgrade. I generally do not interfere with anyone's attempt to sell something on a forum but this is erroneous information.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion