The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-28-2003, 06:28 PM

Default Chris Proctor in Lansing, MI!

Anyone in the mid-Michigan area (besides me) plan to attend the Chris Proctor clinic at Marshall Music on Wednesday night? Or his concert Thursday evening at the Creole Gallery?

Koloa baritone ukulele
Old 10-29-2003, 06:34 AM

Please post a report on the clinic/concert. Thanks!
Old 10-30-2003, 06:38 PM

Well, the Chris Proctor clinic on Wednesday was nothing short of inspiring. Didn't know what to expect, not being familiar with any of Chris's material. He did a fantastic job of answering all of our questions and explaining his approach to alternate tunings, composition and arranging. He explained his basic definition of 'fingerpicking' style and took time to describe the steps to beginning to play fingerstyle guitar for those who were just starting out. I really need to get his instructional video - he has a great approach to teaching and sharing his knowledge. And he was quite funny, using all sort of strange analogies to illustrate the points he was making.
Performance-wise, he used all sorts of tapping techniques, alternate tunings, harmonics, and yes...the E-bow! Overall, I was thrilled to have had the opportunity to participate, and I can't wait to try things out for myself! Three thumbs up!?!

Koloa baritone ukulele
Old 10-31-2003, 06:44 AM

Wow, sounds great! I can vouch that his videos are great too. Man, can he fingerstyle! He's coming to Rochester a week from today for a performance. Leo Kottke this Sunday, then Chris proctor Friday! Woohoo!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion