The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-23-2001, 07:13 PM

Post Where can I find quality used Taylors?

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, and to Taylor guitars as well. I have decided that since I recently sold off my Martin SP-00016, I should replace it with a Taylor.

I am looking at a 514-C or 714-C. I'm not too keen on the Fishman; I'd actually prefer one without electronics, but that won't stop me if I find one in good condition with the system already installed.

Besides Harmony-Central and eBay, does anyone know of a reputable place to find quality used Taylors?

Thanks for the help!
Old 04-24-2001, 09:28 AM

Brad,
I had a good experience purchasing my used Taylor from ads in a local "what's happening around town" publication. I have also seen them advertised occasionally in the newspaper. I think your chances of a good deal are better in those types of venues because many times people need cash quick and are willing to deal. I would offer less than you are willing to pay and try to meet in the middle. Good Luck.

1997 814C
2002 Big Baby
Old 04-24-2001, 09:41 AM

Hey Brad,

From my limited experience, I think HC is the best. I just bought a Baby there and am thinking of doing the same as you with respect to a 714 or 514, except I'm not that keen on the cutaway as well as the onboard juice.

For getting older models without electronics the challenge increases to find any at a dealer, although I've found an 814c ('97) at one in Massachusetts that I'm pondering.

Good luck.

Jay

Gibson J45 1942 Banner Reissue Custom Shop
Gibson Advanced Jumbo Custom Shop
Martin HD-28
Martin OM-28
Martin 00-15M
Fender Tele Highway One Reissue
Fender Jazz Bass

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion