The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-25-2003, 10:32 AM

Default 610CE LTD

610CE LTD

Just this last morning bought a 610 CE LTD. Got it for a MASSIVE reduction from our local dealer. Must admit I thought the last thing I would want would be a Maple Dreadnought, How wrong can you be. It's quite quiet but very well balanced and a joy to finger pick. Anyone else got one? It's a 2002 Sept Manufacture. Is that revoiced?
Seems to have a thick top and forward shifted very light bracing. The natural flame maple is visually stunning. I'll pos pics shortly.

Al

Big Baby, 314 ce, 610 ce Ltd. (That was fun)
Old 07-25-2003, 10:51 AM

Good choice and getting a good price that's great.

I took delivery yesterday as well and so far an very pleased
with my 610. Did you get a cutaway or not. Mine is no cut and has the ES ( still not sure about that) but I really like the way it sounds recorded. I was able to dial in a good setting on the recorder and played some tracks using the 610 for Rythum and bass (ie thumbpicked a rytum track) then layers some nice melodic lead tones on top , first with the dread and then with me relatively new 614.

Then I played them back one after the other passage for passage and for the first time was able to discern the subtle differences between the to maple guitars .

Amazingly they have the same flavor and tone but one sounds a little thicker 610 ) and the other slightly thinner and tad more sparkle) They both have original equipment strings which is think are Elixer Nano's and If Im not mistaken the dread has 13's and the GA has 12's , This might explain the slightly thinner sound from the GA. All in all I may be redundant here but the guitars are both so excellent I do not think I will part with either.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am .

Later

Collings DS2H MhA "Bubba"
Collings OM 2H "Colleen"
Collings "Herb Special"
Eastman AR610CE-CS " Jazz "
Martin 000 28c MH "Merle"
Dudley Classical Dudley"
Baby Taylor "Baby Hoggy"
Old 07-25-2003, 12:41 PM

2002 Fall LTD 610s are revoiced. Shouldn't really be "quite quiet"

Should be very like my 610-spec see below

enjoy it!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion