The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-15-2001, 05:15 PM

Question Keeping It Clean

Just wondering what some of you do to keep you taylor looking as good as the day you brought it home (or even better)? Also perhaps some things you have done that you really wished you hadn't.
Old 03-19-2001, 01:14 PM

Cool

the best polish Ive found so far is Gibson GG-900 in the spray. It does a geat job on all my gloss guitars. on my satin finish guitars I use ken smith pro formula but find a VERY lightly danp cloth will do about as well. The gibson polish really helps slick the neck of my 60 lespaul and would higly reccomend it. I take a can with me when i try a new electric with a painted neck as it really does wonders. The one I regret is Martins pump polish. Lets just say they build a better guitar than polish and Id rather use pledge.(and did for years). I did use automotive turtle wax on a Les Paul once. Worked my butt off for three hours getting it off. I was real young then(thats my story and im stikin to it)LOL!!JW

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion