The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-22-2002, 01:28 PM

Smile Strings (again!)

Phospor-bronze vs bronze, what do you think. I'm in the process of trying different strings on my 314. I didn't really like the elixirs it came with and put on D'Addario phoshor-bronze but they were not the sound I was looking for. A friend suggested bronze strings and I put on a set of Martin bronze strings (hope it's not an offence in the TGF) and quite liked them. I've a hazy recollection of reading an article on Thomastik bronze strings but can't remember what the outcome was. Anyone any views on the subject I'd be pleased to hear them.

Regards

Chipster
Old 07-22-2002, 01:41 PM

Bronze strings are usually mellower than Phosphore-Bronze. In my opinion, the crisp sound of PB suits my 314 better than the mellow bronze tone, but that's just me. I think that explains why I have yet to try a Martin that satisfies me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion