The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-23-2002, 10:31 AM

Default 355ce ltd

Ebay has one (Imbuia/diamond inlay/etc) at what seems a reasonable price, anyone have one of these? I am holding out for an 855 or (drool drool) MAYBE (if I get a bunch of solo gigs) a K65, but am curious to get any report. Only on the TGF can you actually "hear" a guitar in words.
Old 05-23-2002, 04:03 PM

I got one this past Xmas and have been very pleased with it. In terms of appearance, the wood has a chocolate colored swirled appearance. The back has sort of a quilted effect. Before I ordered it I called Taylor and talked to one of the customer service reps and he discribed the tone as somewhat similar to walnut (I have never played a Walnut Taylor).
My 355ce ltd is very loud with plenty of sustain. I played all the sapele 355s I could find in town and this one has a clearer sound with a more defined bass. I think that this guitar was an excellant value for the money.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion