The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-18-2022, 12:25 PM

Default Cleartones. WOW.

first time user here , cleartone 13's , phosphor bronze.....honestly, after all those negative posts i've read on agf, i can't believe if these are actually the strings some people seem to dislike so much??

got them for 10 dollars, put them on my maton dread, tuned a half step down, and boy, these things sound good.....i've played about 15 instrumental songs already with some heavy flatpicking, fingerpicking , bending, strumming , all sorts of things, and they are still perfectly in tune. they are so very loud compared to the d'addario xt 13's which i regularly use , but mainly the tone is very different, i'm pretty sure my guitar never sounded like this before.

really appreciating what cleartone has done with these strings, great quality, uncoated, so smooth, and feels really durable, i'm truly amazed..

thought i'd share my initial feelings here , way to go cleartone!!
Old 02-18-2022, 12:41 PM

I love the Martin Lifespan SP 7200 and they have discontinued that string and I know they were made by Cleartone, I was thinking about trying them out. I did find a store that was having a blow out sale on the Martins so I went in deep so I am good for now. But when that stash is gone I think I am going to try those. Thanks for posting your review.
Old 02-18-2022, 07:59 PM

When Sam Ash sold two sets with a free t-shirt for $22 I used to buy Cleartones all the time. Occasionally I get them and they never disappoint...even at $19.99/set.
Old 02-18-2022, 08:18 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodos View Post
first time user here , cleartone 13's , phosphor bronze.....honestly, after all those negative posts i've read on agf, i can't believe if these are actually the strings some people seem to dislike so much??
Thanks for posting. I think I will give the Cleartone's a go.
Old 02-18-2022, 08:39 PM

For coated strings I like Cleartones the best.

whm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion