The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-28-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Rivera Sedona Lite

So I bought a Rivera Sedona Lite acoustic/electric amp today to replace my pre-Gibson hardwood Trace Acoustic TA-100R. Called Rivera and they don't have a manual ready for it yet, so I'd like to ask if any owners of this amp have any tips and tricks to share.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:13 PM

Only had my Sedona Lite for less than a week, but WOW ... the T5 sounds delicious using a balanced cable straight into channel 1. And I can tell you one thing -- the Line Out is unbelievably CLEAN, going through a DI to the PA.

Haven't exactly got the 814CE tone quite right yet, either with or without the K4. This is kind of a trial-and-error process without a user's manual!

Let me know if you come upon any great epiphany in your acoustic adjustments with your Lite.
1995 Taylor GA
2004 Taylor Custom GA
2005 Taylor DDSM

-----
1992 PRS Custom 24
2005 Taylor T5 C2
Old 10-02-2005, 01:19 PM

I called Rivera and they said the manual for the Sedona Lite will be ready "next month". He said they'd put it on the website for download at that time.

Hey, what TRS-TRS cable do you use? I hear good things about Kordex. I usually buy Mogami but they dont make a 20-foot "stereo" cable.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:14 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll keep my cyber eyes peeled for the new manual.

Never heard of Kordex till I started hanging around on this forum ... :o) But it sounds like everybody on here who's tried 'em likes 'em.

I've kinda gotten hooked on Monster cables. A little overpriced, maybe, but they're cleaner than anything I've ever used, and guaranteed forever. Recently got a 4 meter (17 ft) TRS-TRS for $39.95 on Musician's Friend.
1995 Taylor GA
2004 Taylor Custom GA
2005 Taylor DDSM

-----
1992 PRS Custom 24
2005 Taylor T5 C2

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification