The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-28-2014, 08:07 AM

Default Godin A6 Ultra - Pickup Upgrade?

Hi All,

I recently got a Godin A6 Ultra with the limited edition Koa top. Love the way the guitar plays. I just did some mods to the electric (humbucking) pickup to take it off the preamp and moved it to passive wiring and I love the results. Now I am wondering if I might get a better acoustic sound out of this thing with an upgraded acoustic pickup system like the Baggs iMix? Has anyone tried this before, or have any thoughts on the sound quality of such a pickup system in a thinline acoustic compared to stock?
Old 12-08-2016, 02:27 PM

how were u able to remove the HB from the preamp and how did u rewire it? im thinking oF doing this becos , the HB sounds muddy and im considerng a mod to see how it'd sound,for example i love the sound of my p90 on the EPI century reissue and im guessing its no preamps involved (no batteries) so im wondering how that would sound too if i removed the HB from the preamp,

and i also struggle to get a good unmuddy acoustic sound (the low e bass strings seems to be heavier than the rest even after adjusting the HB screws)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion