The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-14-2022, 09:40 PM

Default Thank you Preston Thompson Guitars

I wanted to say a huge, public THANK YOU to the great folks at Preston Thompson Guitars in beautiful Sisters, OR. I was visiting Sisters today and reached out asking if I could visit their small shop. They kindly said yes and we got a terrific tour and met the entire team. The body bench had a sinker BRW guitar coming together...stunning. Before leaving I got to play two of their guitars and now I understand what all the fuss is about. They deserve every bit of praise they receive, and then some. Kudos to Preston Thompson Guitar Co.

Breedlove Revival DR Deluxe 2009, Jayson Bowerman ...(co-designer Preston Thompson)
Santa Cruz Model F, 1998, Richard Hoover
Yamaha LJ36, 2022, Hiroshi Sakurai
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Old 02-15-2022, 08:37 AM

Done similar - Christine was very accommodating and the whole team was very open to stopping and discussing what they do - If you search the threads, I posted pictures of my visit. Overall a fantastic experience!
Old 02-15-2022, 08:41 AM

I am so disappointed that I had yet to pick up the guitar again when I lived out there. We used to visit Sisters and Bend every chance we got. I bet the Preston Thompson shop is very cool and the next time we're out there- I too will see if I can drop in. I know that fire has ravaged that area, so it will be a bit sad to see the damage, but I'm certainly glad that Thompson guitars survived!

71 Harmony Sovereign
Taylor AD27e
Yamaha FG-260 12 String
Yamaha FG-730S
Rogue Mandolin
Applecreek Dulcimer

Old 02-15-2022, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteathome View Post
I am so disappointed that I had yet to pick up the guitar again when I lived out there. We used to visit Sisters and Bend every chance we got. I bet the Preston Thompson shop is very cool and the next time we're out there- I too will see if I can drop in. I know that fire has ravaged that area, so it will be a bit sad to see the damage, but I'm certainly glad that Thompson guitars survived!
The fires did not cause any damage in the Sisters area, but outlying areas did. They used the Sisters rodeo grounds to house the firefighters.
Old 02-15-2022, 08:46 AM

BTW, may next visit to Thompson will hopefully be to pick up my 000-12 by the end of summer (build is scheduled to start in May).
Old 02-15-2022, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteathome View Post
The east side of the Cascades including Sisters looks as beautiful as ever. An hour west on the way to Salem we saw the fire devastation.

Breedlove Revival DR Deluxe 2009, Jayson Bowerman ...(co-designer Preston Thompson)
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Old 02-15-2022, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillStephen View Post
BTW, may next visit to Thompson will hopefully be to pick up my 000-12 by the end of summer (build is scheduled to start in May).
Please tell us more about your ordered Preston Thompson.

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Old 02-15-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillStephen View Post
Ha! Lucky you... Glad to hear that Sisters wasn't damaged too much. I have fond memories of camping in that area.

71 Harmony Sovereign
Taylor AD27e
Yamaha FG-260 12 String
Yamaha FG-730S
Rogue Mandolin
Applecreek Dulcimer

Old 02-15-2022, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_adams View Post
The east side of the Cascades including Sisters looks as beautiful as ever. An hour west on the way to Salem we saw the fire devastation.
Good to hear! Yeah, we lived in Salem. Not to hijack the thread, but boy was it sad to see what happened to Detroit and the reservoir. It would have been a real tragedy to have lost Preston Thompson guitars too.

71 Harmony Sovereign
Taylor AD27e
Yamaha FG-260 12 String
Yamaha FG-730S
Rogue Mandolin
Applecreek Dulcimer

Old 02-16-2022, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_adams View Post
Please tell us more about your ordered Preston Thompson.
000-12 Madi/Lutz with a regency torch. It will be the younger sibling to my D-EIA.
Old 02-16-2022, 11:19 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

I had a chance to play a couple of Preston Thompson guitars that Eric Schoenberg had in stock in his shop a few years back. Wonderful instruments. Congrats!
Best,
Jayne

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion