The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-17-2015, 09:27 AM

Default I have learned my guitar can sing and wail

About ten months ago, I decided I wanted to learn guitar at the ripe age of 66. Got started with a starter Yamaha. Found AGF and with the wealth of knowledge and experience came this thing called GAS. I told myself I would not purchase an expensive guitar until I was fairly accomplished, having gleaned here at AGF that there are a plethora of very good guitars for under $500, I found an Ibanez AC240 at a great price. I did not know how really good it could sound, because I'm just a beginner.
Yesterday a good friend introduced me to two professionals, one person was about ten years my senior who played anything with strings. The other about ten years my junior currently plays professionally. I asked them what they thought of my Ibanez because I never heard it played properly. Wow and wow, one of them played very aggressively, rock, blues, etc, the other played some soft blues without a pick, they were quite impressed with its tone and playability. And then they weren't done. One kept my Ibanez and the other pulled out his resonator slide and started to jam, went on for about an hour. In the end I had learned my Ibanez can wail and sing.
Thank you for all I've learned and will continue to learn at AGF.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:04 PM

Hey congrats on the new guitar. Its a pretty sorry guitar that can't be made to make some genuine music, especially in the hands of an expert. I've played some that were only good for firewood...

Sounds like you got a winner. Enjoy!
Old 01-17-2015, 04:12 PM

I always enjoy hearing my guitars played by more acomplished players than me. I have a friend that used to play professionally and he loves both of my guitars, and in his hands they just come alive and sound like different instruments.

It is inspiring and depressing at the same time.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion