The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-08-2014, 06:55 PM

Default Played a good Breedlove today

Traveling--Jackson MS--and played a used Breedlove D/SReH today. Cool guitar. Made in USA. So hard for me to evaluate without a reference guitar.

Probably lots of you have these.

Strong tenor voice without any shrillness. Good enough bass to handle whatever. Fast decay on fingerpicking but sustain on a chord. Good guitar.

That's all.
1976 Ovation 1613-4 nylon--spruce top
1963 Guild Mark II nylon--spruce top
Old 07-08-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earwitness View Post
Traveling--Jackson MS--and played a used Breedlove D/SReH today. Cool guitar. Made in USA. So hard for me to evaluate without a reference guitar.

Probably lots of you have these.

Strong tenor voice without any shrillness. Good enough bass to handle whatever. Fast decay on fingerpicking but sustain on a chord. Good guitar.

That's all.
Totally agree with you. I think they are great values for the money. Are you going to get it?
Old 07-08-2014, 08:20 PM

Don't do dreadnaughts because I am short. But I recently got a Breedlove C20-SM American series. My number one is still the Oregon series C20-SMYR limited edition though.

Both guitars are fantastic, but voiced very differently. The American is powerful and bright. The Oregon is rich and complex. Took the American to a bluegrass jam last night and had no trouble cutting with it. Which is remarkable for a small body guitar.

I think the American series is (was) just killer. They are definitely different from the Oregon series, which is now their entry level domestic series.

The one you looked at is the revival, right? So that won't have the bridge truss. My Oregon does not have it, but the American does. This DOES impact the tone. I'll be interested in hearing additional observations and whether you move on this. Overall, I am blown away by Breedlove and have moved my two-ship acoustic armada to all Breedlove.

Last edited by HAMFIST; 07-09-2014 at 07:37 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion