The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-08-2014, 01:12 PM

Default Acoustic Guitar With Jumbo Frets

I'd like to organise an acoustic for playing lead guitar with the following features:

1. A cutaway
2. A saddle compensated for an unwound 3rd string (12-53 phosphor bronze, but .020 plain 3rd string)

To facilitate string bending, I would like it to have slightly higher profile frets (perhaps 1.2 or 1.3mm high).

Are there any guitars that have such high frets? Or is my only option to re-fret an existing acoustic guitar?

Expert opinions most appreciated...
Old 07-08-2014, 01:19 PM

Don't know if the frets are quite as tall as you want, but I recall Riversong guitars (out of Canada) having nice fat frets and assorted other features (fully adjustable neck, super-low action, almost all models equipped for plug-in, etc.) that would lend themselves to lead guitar usage. Might be worth a look.

http://riversongguitars.com/

Dirk

Last edited by dirkronk; 07-08-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:07 PM

Just a suggestion, but you will get many more replies if you discuss fret heights in .001" rather than in fractions of mm.

Does any fret manufacturer specify their frets in terms of fractions of mm?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion