The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-05-2015, 11:34 AM

Default NGD- Sigma 000m-15

Hi AGF members, first post here. I'm from Spain and my English is very BAD. Hope this don't be a problem.
Quick history:
I played the electric guitar when I was young but 18 years ago stop playing and forgot everything about the guitar. Sold all my gear except one strat plus that have been resting in his case all this years. One day I saw a video of one guy doing a TE cover and another from antoine dufour. I didn't know who they were but was amazed with the songs. Started looking videos of a lot of players and decided that I want to (try to) play this way. Last summer bought a guitar (recording king RO-10) and start playing again. I'm into fingerstyle playing and having a lot of fun since then. Did a list of some songs from TE, Al petteway, Leo kottke, antoinde dufour, bob Evans and some others and here I am, at 46, fighting with this songs, completely above my level and probably never play well any of them, but very exited and in love with the guitar again. That's the important thing.
Now, although I loved the RO-10 I though I can do it better with a smaller neck, well, the nut space was perfect but the string spacing was a little to much wide for me and change it for this Sigma. I have mixed feelings, the 1 11/16 nut in this makes my fingers less confortable but I do things faster, and barre chords easier. The difference in string spacing is what I manage better.
Sorry the long post.
Some pics (bad quality phone pics)

Last edited by Carl000s; 05-06-2015 at 01:54 AM.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:51 AM

First welcome to the AGF.That sigma looks nice especially the nice grained
top.Sigma's are good value.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:30 PM

I had the same guitar and it was well made with quality Grover tuners and bone nut and saddle. I'm much more of a strummer and picker and found the top would start to compress and distort the sound when I played loud.

I don't know if the Martin version would do that. Nice sweet sounding guitar though when not played too loud and I imagine it sounds good finger picking.

Your English is very good, much better than my Spanish
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Special
Yamaha BB414 Bass
Old 05-05-2015, 12:51 PM

Yes, is well made. Intonation is perfect and action was very good although I lowered the saddle a bit. It came with some kind of martin lights strings. I found the sound a bit harsh and lack some power in the low end. I put a set of elixir medium-lights a now is much better. I don't find this compress sound in mine when strumming hard. Works well, also for fingerstyle, but no very good for picking.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:01 PM

Welcome, and congratulations on your new Sigma. Looks great !
Old 05-05-2015, 01:38 PM

Hi carl,
Welcome to the agf. Cool guitar by the way !
Enjoy both - your guitar and the forum ! A lot of experience and nice folks here don't hesitate to ask the community if you have a problem regarding instruments or playing techniques.

http://www.youtube.com/user/moccaguitar
Old 05-05-2015, 03:50 PM

thanks to all of you. Moccaguitar you are right. I've been enjoying reading this forum for 8 months and I learn a lot about the guitar world every day. Great great forum!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion