The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 04-05-2024, 07:46 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
Mark, that is a beautiful combination! Irony happened when I saw those tuners a couple days ago and thought wow those look fantastic!

And then this morning I took down my Hanika Classical and noticed it had these tuners on it:

https://www.rubnertuners.com/hauser-...o-light-series

I have been very happy with the Rubners. I'm curious how the Scheller's would compare they look to be world class.
Thanks Aspiring. I don't have direct experience with Rubner tuners to compare them with Schellers. I see their higher end line has some of the better features that I admire on the Schellers.

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright
Old 04-05-2024, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hatcher View Post
Thanks Aspiring. I don't have direct experience with Rubner tuners to compare them with Schellers. I see their higher end line has some of the better features that I admire on the Schellers.
The one on my Hanika and the one that I linked are their top end line. From the photos the finish on the Schellers seems up another notch (although I think the Rubner already look quite good). The tuning action on the Rubner I have is up there with anything I've tried and I'm sure that some of the features that Scheller also has, like the Teflon bushing bronze gears and sealed ball bearings, contribute.

Last edited by Aspiring; 04-05-2024 at 01:21 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop