The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Charter Member

Default Taylor Road Show in Commack NY last night

Brief review as I only caught the end, but had fun anyway. Demo of the T5z was very impressive. The demo guy, Marc Seal (maybe?) had that guitar sounding like 5 different guitars, and when running through an A/B box in stereo, it was amazing. I can't make it sound like that! Two instruments really captured me, a new 816ce and a 616ce (3-piece back, which always seem to sound better to me in the Taylor maples). The Koa guitars were absolutely stunning to look at, but all sounded tinny and thin compared to the 816. Maybe they need serious time to open and warm up? I find I like big tone and seems to gravitate toward the x16s. Wish they came with a bevel or offered it as a modify-a-model option, but they don't, so you're looking at BTO pricing. One exception to my "like them large" preference was a 522 they took out for someone. Looked and sounded beautiful! Wish I had been able to get there when it started. Glad I didn't bring lots of money!!

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion