The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-09-2005, 07:08 PM
The Middle Way

Question Question regarding custom options

A couple, actually.

1. How do you go about ordering a custom model? Through the Factory? or a dealer?

2. What kind of custom options are available? For example, can you ask for a 710ce w/ cocobolo back/sides/HS veneer & short scale? Can you ask for an 810ce w/ maple binding/rosette in lieu of abalone? What about an all gloss tobacco sunburst on a 410ce?

3. Are the costs excessive and not worth it?

Guitars: Too many, but current favorite: 2006 Santa Cruz D-12

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha

Blog: soundr
Old 11-09-2005, 09:03 PM

I don't mean to sound like a smart alec, but I really think the best, most reliable and up to date answers to these questions and more will come from Taylor Guitars Customer Service. I'd suggest giving them a call.

An alternate suggestion would be to call one of Taylor's larger dealers, but I've found that in some dealers, even I know more about Taylors than the guy trying to sell me one. At first I thought that was sad, then I resigned myself to the realization that many of those guys are part time help, trying to sell a huge range of guitars, and maybe other instruments, too.

Call Taylor directly. They can tell you better than any of us.

cotten

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion