The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-10-2017, 02:26 AM

Default Anyone played a Maton EM100c 808 Messiah

And could share their opinions? I read that Matons often sound dull unplugged but wondered whether this is the case with their flagship model?
Old 02-10-2017, 03:10 AM
Charter Member

Their flagship model has been through some refinements to improve the unplugged tonal properties in which I felt was a noticeable positive enhancement. However i did not find or hear any noticeable change to their messiah 808 model (smaller body).

Whilst the Messiah Dreads are not cannons like the Martins but I still really like the sound that comes out of it. Silky smooth tone, buttery and sweet.

The Messiah dread (The Australian series dread comes a close second) is the only model in all of the Matons standard line up that I am willing to part my money with.

Last edited by pandaroo; 02-10-2017 at 03:19 AM.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:50 AM

There are Matons, and there are Matons, no two sound the same. I have a friend with an identical model to mine and it is nowhere near as good as mine - his words, not mine. I have played a Messiah or two over the years, I'd not say that any of them gave me GAS, but, you'd have to play one to know if it were a keeper. I'll not willingly part with mine, and they are up near the top of the list for my next purchase.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion