The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-01-2017, 12:28 PM

My new duo partner (first gig this Friday), Ruvane, makes and sells guitar picks out of coins. https://coinguitarpicks.com/

I bought two. One with high silver content and the other because it just looked cool and was from a country I've been to. Ruvane is pretty anal about getting the edges just right. (We compared his to some coin picks I bought from the UK on Reverb and he was able to show me the rougher edges on the UK models.) . Sound wise the metal used really does make a difference. I haven't quite figured out when I want to use these since I'm old and it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. But even Ruvane doesn't use his coin picks for everything. In fact, we rehearsed on Monday and he used a Gravity Gold he got at NAMM and I used a Gravity regular style with a very pointy tip. Both sounded fine to me, but if I'm paying $20 or more for a pick, I expect it to last a very long time. The Gold seems to be wearing well. We'll see. I'll have to ask him if he's heard of Charmed Life picks.

Anybody selling a used CL 1mm in a 351 shape so I could try one without spending full boat? ;-)
Old 02-01-2017, 02:32 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
My new duo partner (first gig this Friday), Ruvane, makes and sells guitar picks out of coins. https://coinguitarpicks.com/

I bought two. One with high silver content and the other because it just looked cool and was from a country I've been to. Ruvane is pretty anal about getting the edges just right. (We compared his to some coin picks I bought from the UK on Reverb and he was able to show me the rougher edges on the UK models.) . Sound wise the metal used really does make a difference. I haven't quite figured out when I want to use these since I'm old and it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. But even Ruvane doesn't use his coin picks for everything. In fact, we rehearsed on Monday and he used a Gravity Gold he got at NAMM and I used a Gravity regular style with a very pointy tip. Both sounded fine to me, but if I'm paying $20 or more for a pick, I expect it to last a very long time. The Gold seems to be wearing well. We'll see. I'll have to ask him if he's heard of Charmed Life picks.

Anybody selling a used CL 1mm in a 351 shape so I could try one without spending full boat? ;-)
Dave, I have blems in stock for broke musicians like you and me. I just sold one for $20.00 to a fellow English teacher who took the time to write and share his plight: He wanted to try one but couldn't afford it. I told him, "I feel your pain" and did the best I could for him.

People around here will tell you how fussy I am about Q/C and fit & finish. I reject a LOT of units as the come down through the line for final inspection. I will one day (not any time soon) have an official CLP Blem Sale on our site, but just too busy for now.

I have brown 351 shape blems that I can discount to you. Never played, perfect but with a tiny knick on one sidewall. You probably wouldn't notice it unless I pointed it out to you, but that's the way I roll. I also have blems in tortoise models, both tris and teardrops. These are all in amazing playing condition and covered by full warranty.

Please, if interested, do NOT PM me here. I'm not often in here these days. Instead, email me directly at charmedlifepicks @ gmail.com. I have a special soft spot for veterans and fellow educators.

On the other hand, I have no issue if someone sells a used one here or elsewhere. Why would I?

Hope this helps,
scott

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion