The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Charter Member

Default Digital thermometer mini-review

With the dry heating season here (excluding those "down under") I thought it might be a good idea to recommend a home hygrometer.

In my case, I prefer a digital Caliber-IV. For less critical applications, I buy a bunch of the cheap-o $5 analog ones on eBay, test and calibrate them, screening them to get 1 or 2 that are accurate.

But for more normal home use, my wife picked this out for us this past weekend

Lacrosse Digital Wireless Thermometer

Its on sale at True value. I really like it, so far. Its wireless and has an outdoor transmitter with a 200' range so you can monitor indoor and outdoor temperatures and humidities. Being solar, it will save on batteries. For this price, you can't go wrong.

It seems to agree to within 2% of my calibrated gauge. For hygrometers, that's very acceptable and you should expect about 2-5% tolerance on readings.

For the money, I've had very good luck and recommend this. I didn't go with the desktop stand - I used a removable command strip hanger and hung it on my wall. My outside transmitter is mounted in the flower garden on a small stained post.

000-15 / GC7 / GA3-12 / SB2-C / SB2-Cp / AVC-11MHx / AC-240

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion