The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-12-2009, 07:22 PM

Default Did the Taylor factory tour last week...

I had a great time.

I was excited when I found that the tour guide was Martin -- I had heard good reviews about him from several other posts on the forum and he was great. Really nice, really energetic, and really quite funny.

It was very interesting to see the balance of man and machine in the processes at taylor. Some of the automated processes were really amazing, like the side-bending machines and the finish room. Really interesting.

Saw some of the most beautiful Taylors I've ever seen that were either in the final stages of construction or waiting to be shipped. For example, there was an absolutely stunning one (i could only see the top half of the guitar) waiting to be shipped with some sort of rosewood/cocobolo back/sides and koa binding/rosette with a beautiful custom sunburst. I'm positive it was a BTO, so if one of you ends up with that guitar you had better post some more pics!

The whole experience was enough to get me really excited about getting another Taylor... I go back and forth between wanting another Taylor and wanting to try something new. Seeing what they do at the Taylor factory makes me lean towards wanting another one!

But I ended up settling for a pack of ebony bridge pins for my 210 for now, as that's about all I can afford at this point.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:03 AM

Yes indeed... I was GAS-ing big time after the tour. Thankfully for my wallet, they don't let you place orders at the factory, otherwise I would have been in trouble!
Old 10-14-2009, 12:30 PM

Seriously. Isn't that guitar tour fun? It was like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for me. I'm considering taking another day off to go again (since I only live 30 minutes away and all).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion