The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-21-2008, 10:56 PM

Default tuning

(sorry, this first appeared in the "Performing" section by my mistake).

Back after a few years away from the forum, and jumping right in with a question. Thanks in advance for the advice.
I have a Taylor 510, made in 2000. Never have had trouble with it, never had the setup messed with, but today had a strange experience. I noticed it was out of tune, and couldn't get it right. Here's what I found: on the low E string, and only on that string, fretted notes are significantly sharp. I use a cheap Korg tuner, get the E set dead on, then fret anywhere (or at least where I hang out, which is first position) and the note is sharp. The tuner is working fine, and this phenomenon does not happen at other strings, i.e., the high E, tuned to the tuner, is right at F at the first fret, etc. Any thoughts? I can always follow the "when in doubt, change the strings" approach, but I'd love to know what is going on.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:21 PM

Hmmmmm...that's a new one for me. However, welcome back.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:49 AM

I would contact Taylor Guitars and see what they say...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion