The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-13-2016, 03:15 PM

Default NOGD finally 00-21NY

Finally received my new (to me) 00-21NY after a neck reset (Glaser's in Nashville). It is an old factory 1964 model. Supposedly it was bought by a woman in the 60's who wanted to learn to play and never really did. It does have some nicks, scratches and dings, but has obviously been in its case for a long time. All original (original plastic bridge pins were in case) including a Lifton case that was probably bought at the same time as guitar. Also in case were Victor and Black Diamond strings and old style capo.

It has great clarity and presence, loud, and very responsive. Excuse me, I haftta go play some more ...
Old 08-13-2016, 03:29 PM

Now that's a little cutie. Is it rosewood, and is it Brazilian rosewood? Anyway, continue to enjoy.
Old 08-13-2016, 06:35 PM

Thats really nice, I hope you enjoy it. That's probably the one model I've lusted after the most. Maybe someday...
Old 08-13-2016, 06:39 PM

That's a really special guitar. Play it in good health!!
Mackenzie&Marr "Opeongo"-spruce/mahogany
Old 08-13-2016, 10:34 PM

Congrats on your 00-21NY. They are exceptional guitars and hard to find, especially in such good condition. I got my new '62 when I was in high school, it's still the gold standard of my guitars. Yours looks great, I know you'll get many years of amazing enjoyment with it. The neck on mine is still true, I took it to Nazareth back in the late 80s and had new frets and some loose braces fixed. I also have a couple of cracks that were repaired decades ago but my oh my what a guitar. Next time you're changing strings try a set of Martin FX silk & phosphor customs. They don't sound at all like silk and steel, nice and bright and have a wonderful feel. Now, quit reading and get back to playing!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion