The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-13-2001, 11:15 PM

I truely hope that when God places a nice woman in my life in which I'll totally fall in love with and ask to marry, that I'll have enough money for the engagement ring!! I don't want to have to sell my Taylor, and ya know, if it came down to it, maybe I would just give my 810bce to her and say "Uhh...will you marry me?" hahaha.
Randall
Old 02-13-2001, 11:38 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by GRW3:
There is, unfortunately, a group of posters who are so bitter about Taylor's internet policy that they try to discourage anyone from buying a Taylor guitar. This, in an effor to punish Taylor until they see the (their) light.
I just don't see the point... These people are either A) disgruntled dealers, or b) Incredibly sad and terribly cheap individuals who want to squeeze a penny so hard by shopping internet dealers against eachother until some poor sap ends up losing money on the deal just to move a guitar. Then the buyer can feel satisfied that he saved $20 on a guitar he's never even seen before.

Personally I think that the majority of the animosity comes from the "A" group. See: www.usedtaylors.com

J.R.
Old 02-14-2001, 03:35 AM

Hi sjenkins. To get back to your original point. I had also noticed the Martin snobbery on the AG forum. I did infact try and start a 'fun' taking the micky out of them and defend (to the death) Taylors. It was called Guitar Wars and should be still on the list right now. Check it out. No one else seemed keen to join in so I gave it away.

Anyway welcome, these are great people (even if they are a little serious) and I have learnt a lot about Taylors. I have a 712 Cedar.

regards
Old 02-14-2001, 11:33 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Warblade:
...ya know, if it came down to it, maybe I would just give my 810bce to her and say "Uhh...will you marry me?"
Hey, *I'll* marry you if you give me your 810bce! Have to check with my wife first, though.

- Paul
Old 02-14-2001, 01:35 PM

As stated earlier, you might want to look at guitars (Taylor or non) that have a sitka spruce top. For all around use, the spuce will yeild more headroom and not be as prone to overdriving as cedar (or even englemann spruce). This might not be easy, but try to go to a place that has people who really care what you buy so they will help you to compare. Try to play the exact same thing on the guitars and then leave and do it again in a day or so. This works well for me. Take other's words as a guide and listen for yourself.
Old 02-14-2001, 01:39 PM

Wink

Howdy

JR: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... that www.usedtaylors.com site was really something!

Warblade: Bro, ya better hope that by the time God will send you that lady, you won't have developed some awful case of TAS! I too am praying and waiting for that special lady, but alas, TAS bit me for sure! Of course, i musn't fall into temptation! "Lead us away from temptation; but deliver us from the evil one!" haha

Blessings
nick

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion