The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-15-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjs View Post
Small wonder you found it hard to play. From the photo it looks like the perpendicular (not parallel) fret is the 14th, at the body join. WAY (way!) too high up the neck. Most radical multi-scales (1.5" to 2" fans) have a perpendicular fret around 7 or 8, sometimes as low as 5.
Yeah, I should have done more research. I had spec'd out many wild guitars and basses. This was really the only one where my outlandish specs didn't quite pan out.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2y View Post
Yeah, I should have done more research. I had spec'd out many wild guitars and basses. This was really the only one where my outlandish specs didn't quite pan out.
Your archtop is really good-looking. Do you have any audio ?
Old 05-15-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3N View Post
Your archtop is really good-looking. Do you have any audio ?
Not at the moment. Off and on, I had been in several bands that had studio equipment. Will probably get some mics soon, but no current recordings.

Found these on the web.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Not at the moment. Off and on, I had been in several bands that had studio equipment. Will probably get some mics soon, but no current recordings.

Found these on the web.
Thanks for the links. I would be very happy to hear yours. Anytime you post some sounds, please let me know.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:18 PM

Will do. I have a Zoom Q2N, which isn't the perfect mic, but probably good enough.

I was previously focusing on competitive cycling, but I had a pretty bad crash a few weeks ago. I'll be off the bike for a while and have been playing guitar a lot more.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:44 PM

Please don't break a hand !
Old 05-15-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Please don't break a hand !
I jazzed up my right pinkie, lots of right sided road rash, and shattered my collarbone. It took me about 2 weeks to play fingerstyle without pain. Might need a cortisone shot in the right pinkie. In the long run, this shouldn't impact my playing. Hit some gravel during a descent while going 40mph. Could have been a lot worse. Will be very cautious and judicious with racing in the future. Things would have been a lot worse if I had the same injuries on my left side.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
I jazzed up my right pinkie, lots of right sided road rash, and shattered my collarbone. It took me about 2 weeks to play fingerstyle without pain. Might need a cortisone shot in the right pinkie. In the long run, this shouldn't impact my playing. Hit some gravel during a descent while going 40mph. Could have been a lot worse. Will be very cautious and judicious with racing in the future. Things would have been a lot worse if I had the same injuries on my left side.
Sheesh... Sorry to hear that. Hope everything will get better soon... Looks like I picked the wrong joke !

Be well and cautious.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Sheesh... Sorry to hear that. Hope everything will get better soon... Looks like I picked the wrong joke !

Be well and cautious.
LOL, no worries. Made me realize that perhaps road racing might be dangerous and that guitar might be a little safer. Was nervous I might have trouble with fingerstyle, but that gave me time to work on my flat picking. All in all, I'm lucky that I didn't hurt myself worse or lose the ability to play guitar.

Side note: I have a nylon crossover on order by Chris Forshage. Loosely based on this model, but fanned, Brazilian rosewood, and spruce top since I can't keep nails to save my life. Bass seems to rip them off in a hurry.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
LOL, no worries. Made me realize that perhaps road racing might be dangerous and that guitar might be a little safer. Was nervous I might have trouble with fingerstyle, but that gave me time to work on my flat picking. All in all, I'm lucky that I didn't hurt myself worse or lose the ability to play guitar.

Side note: I have a nylon crossover on order by Chris Forshage. Loosely based on this model, but fanned, Brazilian rosewood, and spruce top since I can't keep nails to save my life. Bass seems to rip them off in a hurry.

Hey a choro lover ! I have some nice methods for sete cordas

I'm sure you know players like Yamandu Costa, Douglas Lora, Marcello Gonçalves, Marco Pereira... killer musicians !

Brazilian music is life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV09kQlGxHU

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion