The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-12-2023, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike12 View Post
Hiya, I will second the Faith Mars 12 Fret and the Sigma 12 Fret models, I am fortunate to have one of each. The Faith stays in DADGAD or open D and the Sigma 12 Fret (mine has Adirondack over mahogany) in standard -1. The reason is these tunings fit my voice. I would recommend either brand, vewry happy with both.
Mike

ps good deals at the moment on the mahogany/Adirondack at the moment in the UK.
PM sent mike
Old 01-12-2023, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takamineGD93 View Post
the recording king ros-06 i bought for 80 euro is in many ways the best guitar i've had.

i liked it so much I bought another one ros-06 efx something with pickup.

There is a ros-16 for sale now in the uk https://www.ebay.de/itm/255903551196...Bk9SR7Ksl5W0YQ

There is no better low end 000 12-fret and they stopped making them.
But beware. It has a 1 7/8 nut like the orginal ones. That's not for everyone.
But I love it.
I agree, this is an excellent guitar. I have the 616 all mahogany model and use it regularly for gigging.
Old 01-18-2023, 10:17 AM

I second the Recording King ROS-626 mahogany/spruce. Closely copied the Martin 000-28, with the exception being the African Mahogany. Wide neck, excellent finger-style guitar. I had one for 5 years and loved it. Nice warm sound, loud if picked.
There is a rosewood model ROS -627(?) as well. It costs a bit more and is hard to source.

Sadly Recording King does not make this any more so used is the best way to get one.
Old 01-23-2023, 04:22 PM

Default UPDATE--Low end 12 Fretter

For a while now I've been looking at 12 fret guitars and have a budget of £700 GBP maximum.

The one that seems right on paper is the Alvarez MDR70ESB. I'm hoping to get and play one soon at my local (ish) guitar shop.

Anyone own or played one of these or have any thoughts or advice ?

Many thanks

So, after taking in all the brilliant recommendations from you folks (thank you) and travelling around many places playing lots of different makes and models, I ended up buying something I didn`t know existed !!

It`s a Crafter TR060/VLS-V
Now what ever you think of these, for me it fits like a glove.
I know there a kinda budget guitar, solid top, Lam back and sides but the playability for me is spot on having a 45mm nut and 56mm string spacing it`s a finger pickers dream.
To my aging ears it sounds really good and the sustain is superb.

I know it`s 20 years old with a few dings but the neck angle is spot on, as is the intonation and I love it.

Out of all the ones I played on my travels, this wasn`t THE best sounding, maybe not the best looking, although I like the looks, but heck it`s such a joy to play and it cost half of my original budget

What this means of course is that at some stage there may be more 12 fretters in my collection.

I`ll try and put some phots up at some stage but I'm a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to technology.

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated
Old 01-23-2023, 04:55 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Very cool. Crafter’s are hard to find in my neck of the woods but I have played a few over the years and have been impressed. Congratulations!
Best,
Jayne
Old 01-24-2023, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post
Very cool. Crafter’s are hard to find in my neck of the woods but I have played a few over the years and have been impressed. Congratulations!
Best,
Jayne
Thanks Jaynes,
yeah very underrated guitars imho as are many of the other lower end guitars, Shame really as there is some real good stuff around that often gets over looked.

Am I right in thinking only charter members can post pictures ?

Thanks

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion