The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-04-2024, 03:35 PM

Default Initial charging period for Everse 8

I just bought the EV 8 today. The manual says I have to allow it to charge for 24 hours before using it. Do you think that is really necessary? The battery is just about fully charged.

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2024, 11:10 PM

I've got one too. I just assumed that meant unplugged. You should be fine if you plug it in and use it. I also assume that all it means is that for optimal performance (in terms of battery life) for that charge cycle. I would just use it and not think twice.
Old 05-05-2024, 06:44 AM

Thanks for the response. Are you happy with yours and what instruments are you using it for?

I currently have a Bose S1 Pro Plus and am happy with certain aspects of it but my intention is to use this for my Cordoba Fusion and Martin 00028EC plugged in and my Ramirez via my Shure condenser mike.

I picked it up from GC and they have a generous 45 day trial period but I should know within a few days if I will keep it or return it.
Old 05-05-2024, 06:58 AM
Charter Member

When I got mine the battery showed a full charge but I plugged it in and let it top off overnight. It was probably plugged in for 10-12 hours. It’s a great unit with an amazing amount of coverage for the size. I could probably get 3 gigs out of it before it got below 30% charge. Because I don’t use it for every gig I just charge it after every use so it’ll be ready when I need it.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 05-05-2024, 07:06 AM

What instruments are you using with it?
Old 05-05-2024, 07:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H. Power View Post
What instruments are you using with it?
I have a bunch of guitars with different systems but it’s always guitar, vocals and harmonica (through the vocal mic). I have ES2 equipped Taylors, JJB equipped Martin and Gibson guitars and a K&K equipped J-45. All are plugged directly into the Everse.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 05-05-2024, 08:03 AM

Thanks and I enjoyed your Whiskey song....
Old 05-05-2024, 08:20 AM
Charter Member

Hi John, I've been gigging the Everse 8-10 times a month for about a year now, after coming from a Bose S1 original. The Everse really does a nice job of covering a multitude of different situations. I use a Martin SC10e Sapele or Rainsong CH-OM (both with a variation of the Baggs Element) into a Tech 21 Acoustic Flyrig into the Everse.

I think you'll dig it. Let us know.

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ

Last edited by jricc; 05-05-2024 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-05-2024, 08:49 AM

I have not tried my main guitar yet which is the Cordoba Fusion, a nylon string instrument, since we do a lot of Bossa Nova, Bolero and other Latin type stuff..

I tried my Martin 00028EC (with a Fishman Rare Earth pickup) I was immediately impressed. Much better than thru my Bose S1 Pro Plus. No matter how much I fiddled with the EQ settings I was never happy with what I was getting from that with the Martin

Interestingly enough though, the Cordoba was good thru the Bose so I always have the option if the Everse doesn't quite cut it.

I will post a follow up once I try it with the Bose.
Old 05-05-2024, 09:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I have not tried my main guitar yet which is the Cordoba Fusion, a nylon string instrument, since we do a lot of Bossa Nova, Bolero and other Latin type stuff..

I tried my Martin 00028EC (with a Fishman Rare Earth pickup) I was immediately impressed. Much better than thru my Bose S1 Pro Plus. No matter how much I fiddled with the EQ settings I was never happy with what I was getting from that with the Martin

Interestingly enough though, the Cordoba was good thru the Bose so I always have the option if the Everse doesn't quite cut it.

I will post a follow up once I try it with the Bose.
Thanks for the quick initial update. I love mine and run a Martin Road Series GPC-style guitar through it--routing that through a Tonedexter pedal--and my vocal with a Sennheiser e935.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:03 AM

I haven't played out with it yet. I like the sound. I've played plugged in directly with a k&k and SM58 for vocals and it sounds great. I also have a Taylor with es2 and it sounds great. Lots of volume. Controls all seem intuitive. I also have a small mixer I've plugged in to play with my partner and a friend and it worked well with that too.

I came from the Eon One Compact which I sold to get the Everse 8. The eon one sounded fine aand I liked having the third input to play with my partner, but I found the EQ knobs annoying especially in bright light. It was essentially useless without the app. With the Everse 8 I can adjust EQ in the app or on the speaker without any issues.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:55 AM

I would like to hear from someone who plays a nylon string guitar thru this and is happy with their settings so I can get them and try them with my Cordoba. I did fool around with my settings and got an acceptable tone albeit different from the Bose tone which seems brighter.

What I still do not understand is that when I got a tone I really liked on my Martin and just want to play it louder I do not see straight volume control and when I increase the level setting which makes it louder the sound changes into a less acceptable tone. Almost like it starts to distort.
Old 05-05-2024, 06:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
What I still do not understand is that when I got a tone I really liked on my Martin and just want to play it louder I do not see straight volume control and when I increase the level setting which makes it louder the sound changes into a less acceptable tone. Almost like it starts to distort.
Not exactly sure how you are adjusting, but here's what I got from EV, they recommend you leave the "Speaker " volume at 0 and use the "Main" volume to increase/decrease volume. Hope this helps/works.

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 05-05-2024, 06:52 PM

What about the volume adjustment on my Cordoba preamp?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification