The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-26-2024, 11:57 PM

Default 000-18 out - LL500 incoming

Finally got the courage to sell my 2013 000-18 that I’ve had for a few years and fell out of love with. It was a pre-reimagined and the smaller straight braced sound no longer fit my evolving playing style. My wife was happy to see me free up some space in the house with the caveat that it could be filled should I find something that catches my eye.

Not even 12 hours later and I’ve come across a Yamaha LL500 in what looks to be amazing condition with the original hang tags and factory inspection checklist. Normally I’d wait and think on a purchase first, but I had to jump on this one. I’ve heard about these before and they seem to be praised by anybody that has played one. Anybody have experiences or knowledge to share on these? I love my FG transacoustic, so I’m looking forward to similar excellent playability but much more elevated. Also my first rosewood guitar!
Old 03-27-2024, 03:21 AM
Charter Member

The Yamaha LL500 comes highly regarded and congrats on finding one of these. I have been looking for one in good condition with no avail. I ended up the Yamaha LL36 and simply amazed at the sound/quality of her. Please update and post pics when you receive your guitar!!
Old 03-27-2024, 04:58 AM
Charter Member

I've been keeping an eye out for an LL400/500 for a while now. I'd be interested to hear what you think of it. Particularly the nut width. I suspect it might be a little narrow for my liking. The older LL series seems to be around 43mm whereas the more modern versions (including my LL36) is 44mm.
Old 03-27-2024, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corso View Post
I've been keeping an eye out for an LL400/500 for a while now. I'd be interested to hear what you think of it. Particularly the nut width. I suspect it might be a little narrow for my liking. The older LL series seems to be around 43mm whereas the more modern versions (including my LL36) is 44mm.
This one was posted on Reverb one hour before I saw it late last night and it already had multiple watchers and offers, figured I didn’t have time to mull it over and needed to take the chance.

I don’t mind a narrower nut width, my 000-18 was 1 11/16 before they upped it to 1 3/4 and my FG is a narrower width too. I’m hoping the neck is something like the FG which just feels excellent, I’m sure Yamaha knocked it out of the park but we shall see.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion