The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-19-2008, 09:04 PM

Default SilverCreek guitars

Anyone have one of these guitars? How are they compared to other high end acoustics? and do they have "v" necks like martin "v" models
Old 11-19-2008, 09:59 PM

Default Silver Creek T-170

i like them
Old 11-19-2008, 10:03 PM

i took a chance and bought a the OM size solid rosewood Silver Creek for my fiance who is learning to play. it's a beautiful guitar and it sounds great. With a little set up it is a great guitar to play, and i enjoy playing it all the time. There is definitely a V to the neck. some people like it, some don't. It doesn't bother me at all. The silver creek compares well with more expensive guitar. obviously it is not a martin or a taylor but its pretty darn close. much better than the low end martins or almost any guitar double to triple its price.

The only thing with these guitars is consistancy. I read reviews saying all kinds of bad things about the fit and finish of there silver creek. one person's guitar back split. My fiance's on the other hand is perfect. So it looks like its hit or miss. I bought from a reputable dealer that i could have sent back a defective guitar if there was a problem.

I definitely thought it was worth a shot. for 400 bucks i don't see a better deal out there. I'm very happy with the purchase and my fiance is happy too.
Sigma DR-41
Silver Creek T 170
Fender Deluxe Player's Stratocaster
Old 11-19-2008, 10:53 PM

I would take a chance on a Silver Creek over a Parkwood any day.
I have not played either of them but talked to quite a few people who have. The lineage goes back to Johnson Carolina's and more recently, Recording King.
QC can be an issue as can fit and interior finish but these puppies are solid wood throughout. People who get a good one just love 'em. Especially when they pick them up for less than many all laminate models from other manufacturer's.
IMHO, these are probably the best bang for your dollar these days.
If you look, I've even heard rumors they can be found at some Cosco stores.
They are quite "set-upable" and given a good set-up, they've become a favored alternate for "banging around" to some fairly high end guitar owners.
For the bucks you spend, really worth the try.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion