The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-13-2021, 08:06 PM

Well, one time I was in a restroom and in a hurry when I zipped up my fly. And then....

Well, maybe that's a story for another forum at another time.

But I can assure you that it didn't affect my guitar playing..
Old 11-14-2021, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin, Wales View Post
Thanks Dru. Nothing as fancy as transcribing going on there. I'd been away to Lundy Island on a climbing trip and one of our party played guitar in DADGAD. When I got home I thought that I would try it out. So I messed around with the tuning for a couple of days and thought it would make a great backing for my dulcimer playing.

Elzic's Farewell backing I made up. Most of it is one, two and three finger chords with lots of open strings. I have no idea what the chords are. I just found notes that sounded "right". I recorded it on a Zoom H5 in my lounge. Put my metronome on headphones and thought of the tune while I played the backing on guitar. Then put the guitar track on headphones and laid down the dulcimer.

The dulcimer doesn't need any fingers - I just play the melody up and down one string with a stick!

I'm recording some of our local traditional Welsh dance tunes this winter and have designed and built a new dulcimer like instrument for the project out of wood salvaged from a chapel in our village. A local guitarist will play backing and will be using DADGAD for a number of the tracks.

I'd never have started playing traditional noter drone style mountain dulcimer if I had not had my accident.
Robin, I've done that too with DADGAD. Play what sounds good. Whatever you came up with it sounds great.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion