The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-12-2021, 05:04 PM
Charter Member

Default This Forum and it’s Members rock…

I am an old curmudgeon …..very traditional in values and pretty old school…..

I have three major hobbies and without getting into a lot of details, my best experiences in buying and selling have been right here….unfortunately my other two hobbies, mainly one of them, has some shady characters to say the least…

I have bought and sold out here a lot….and never had one issue at all..

I won’t go into details but I recently bought a guitar out here in the Classifieds and it was ridiculous how great the Seller was…

To start he gave me a month to pay in which I hedged and paid him in roughly two weeks…

Secondly he reaches out to me about a week after the sale to tell them he was cleaning out his closet and has more cases than guitars and upgraded the case the guitar came with…

Lastly - he asked if I wanted the guitar restrung before he shipped and I picked out the strings I use and he sent her ready to play….

Thanks to ALL of YOU out here…

This Forum and Members are fantastic and I still have hope for this crazy world we live in today with folks like you around!!!

Electrics
Fender / Fender Amps * TMG

Favorite Gin - Citadelle
Favorite Bourbon - Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

Favorite Grape - Nebbiolo
Old 11-12-2021, 05:06 PM
Charter Member

That's great to read! This is a great place!

- Glenn
Old 11-12-2021, 05:15 PM
Charter Member

You're not wrong. I've bought/sold/traded nearly 40 guitars in the past decade with the vast majority being done with AGF members. All of them have been very good experiences. Sure, I've walked away from a few deals that just didn't feel right and those people were soon gone from our ranks but by and far this hobby site is the best of the best!

And it's just the guitars: Amps, ideas, reviews, everything and anything guitar related is shared here freely and with friendship. Speaking of friendships, when the pandemic hit we started a virtual open which ran for over a year and I made some great friends. It just doesn't get better than the AGF!!
Old 11-12-2021, 05:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
That's great to read! This is a great place!

- Glenn
Perfectly put Glenn!
Old 11-12-2021, 06:39 PM
Charter Member

I could not agree more!

The folks on this forum are terrific people. I have bought and sold a lot here. I have had great conversations about guitars and life here. And at the very top of the list, I have made some really good friends here. Fortunate we are to hang out here. :-)
Old 11-12-2021, 06:45 PM
Charter Member

I feel the same way, I have made several life time friends through this forum! Thanks for the post blews

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23
Old 11-12-2021, 06:51 PM
Charter Member

You have been a dedicated educator, and like many here I'm sure, I learned plenty from your frequent postings.
Old 11-12-2021, 06:55 PM
Resident Guitar Hack

Agree! I’ve learned a lot here. Made friends here. And bought and sold here primarily. Nothing but great transactions. Including the two in my sig.

Old 11-12-2021, 07:06 PM
Charter Member

Yes it is! I’m a newbie compared to you 5, 4, and 3 digit posters, and have yet to buy or sell, but this forum has been an incredibly educational resource for me, and not just technically. Amazing how generous the folks here are with their knowledge.
Old 11-12-2021, 07:27 PM

I'm relatively new here, and I am so glad to have found this community. I've bought and sold guitars over the years like most folks here, but this is the first place where I have seen instruments on a daily basis that I feel like pulling the trigger on. I love the vibe — supportive and positive all the way. Looking forward to opening the checkbook now...
Old 11-12-2021, 09:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blews View Post
I am an old curmudgeon …..very traditional in values and pretty old school…..

I have three major hobbies and without getting into a lot of details, my best experiences in buying and selling have been right here….unfortunately my other two hobbies, mainly one of them, has some shady characters to say the least…

I have bought and sold out here a lot….and never had one issue at all..

I won’t go into details but I recently bought a guitar out here in the Classifieds and it was ridiculous how great the Seller was…

To start he gave me a month to pay in which I hedged and paid him in roughly two weeks…

Secondly he reaches out to me about a week after the sale to tell them he was cleaning out his closet and has more cases than guitars and upgraded the case the guitar came with…

Lastly - he asked if I wanted the guitar restrung before he shipped and I picked out the strings I use and he sent her ready to play….

Thanks to ALL of YOU out here…

This Forum and Members are fantastic and I still have hope for this crazy world we live in today with folks like you around!!!
This forum needs a “like” button
Old 11-12-2021, 09:46 PM

I have to agree; A resource to explore.
Just saying, Gail.
Old 11-13-2021, 04:41 AM

Default This Forum and its Members rock…

We think so - glad you do too...
Old 11-13-2021, 04:55 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

I am glad to hear about your positive experiences here, blews. I have met some great folks through this forum as well over the years. And, you are right, this community inspires hope for us all!
Best,
Jayne
Old 11-13-2021, 08:07 AM

blews, you are correct, this is a great place to be. J.R.'s rule #1 "be nice" makes a significant difference.

Enjoy your new guitar!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion