The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-03-2008, 11:18 PM

Default Got my OMV-03R =] Question though

I got my OMV-03R today (super excited )

Phew, what a relief. I went through all the troubles worrying about whether it had any cracks or anything extreme, and now the time has come (UPS truck), and it is great! It looks great, at least, besides some dings here and there. =]

I haven't played it yet, but only because I can't string it! The pegs keeps popping out when I tighten the strings, and I think it's because the pegs are old/bad. So this is my question. The guitar is, pretty old, so I was wondering if I should purchase some new pegs and maybe a new bridge. And if so, what could I request at GC (Guitar Center)? Btw, I don't want to spend top dollarz.

Also, the square transparent pickguard picked up some ugly dirt/dust/idontevenknow, so I'll be replacing it with a new one at GC. Should I ask them for the normal Larrivee pickguard?

Pictures will be up soon, thanks everyone
Old 09-04-2008, 01:11 AM

the pegs pop out? Hmm, make a hook at the end of the string end where it goes into the bridge. In theory, you shouldn't even need the bridge pins to hold it down.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion