The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-20-2012, 02:28 AM
Charter Member

Gibson replaced a J200 for me. I think they were great. This was 2003 maybe?
Old 10-31-2012, 11:01 AM

As promised I am providing an update after contacting Gibson's customer service department.

In reply to some of the responses that advised me to handle this out of pocket and save myself the heartache... well, I am not about to start a customer service war over a saddle, but why not spend the 10 minutes out of my day to see if they would make it right and replace it?

Well, I'm glad I did because I was just notified by Gibson that they are shipping the new saddle today. Before I called in, I did a little homework. I used calipers to measure the thickness of the saddle on my AJ (which fits both guitars nice and snug) and then compared that to measurements taken from the L-00TV saddle. It turned out the L-00 saddle was tapered to about .010" undersize at each end.

I called Gibson customer service and explained my issue, and the representative asked me to send him an email containing all the details I had just relayed to him. I sent the email, and waited a couple days with no reply. Sent a polite follow up yesterday just wondering if anything had happened yet, and I was advised I'd know something later that day or tomorrow (which is now today). He emailed me this morning asking for my shipping address and phone number and then advised shortly thereafter that they were shipping the piece.

Just wanted to share this in case others are wondering about what the experience was like. All in all it was pretty painless. Then again, all I was asking was for a new bone long saddle, which is not a high dollar item for them.

And now that I have resolved this, I suppose I will unveil my new L-00TV in a NGD post later tonight!
Old 10-31-2012, 03:43 PM

I've dealt with Customer Service once, about 5 years ago via email. I stripped the head of the screw that is used for the strap pin on my Les Paul. They mailed me a free pair within 2 weeks. I was very impressed.

I'm glad to hear you have had a positive experience.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:17 PM

thanks for the update la palma c. glad it worked out as it should.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion