The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-27-2009, 02:30 PM

Default Eastman AC520... just bought it.. :)

well.. it's on layaway anyways...

I had no intention of ever owning another dreadnaught... I thought I'd weeded out my guitar collection to the bare essentials..... well.... it happened...

Walked into my local guitar store (Blues Angel Music)... Walked back to the acoustic section like I always do... was looking at the selection when I heard someone strumming a cannon of a guitar from across the room... I looked over, and it was the guitar tech looking in amazement at an Eastman AC520... I walked over.. as I did, he kept strumming... I knew that this guitar was awesome because the guitar tech is a bass player, and his strumming sounded SUPER powerful....

He handed it over... I proceeded to play the guitar for 90 minutes.... It was utterly amazing.... I've posted before on how impressed I am with the line of Eastman guitars... but... honestly... I've never been as impressed with a mass production acoustic guitar.. period...

The guitar was easily the loudest guitar in the store, if not in town... ALL the larivees and martins sounded like wal-mart guitars compared to this thing...

Look... I would LOVE to own a Collings, or a Santa Cruz... (heck, I'm still dreaming about owning a McPherson one day).... BUT.... I cannot afford any of those guitars... this is the reason I don't have a dreadnaught... I told myself along time ago, that I was going to wait to save up money to buy a "good" dreadnaught... well... I found one.

I play guitar ALOT... and I've played every type of guitar you can imagine.... Some of the Eastman guitars I've played have been dogs.... but some (the mahogany models) jump out as great sounding/playing instruments..

IF you're in the market for a new guitar (remember, I wasn't... still don't know how i'm going to afford it)... anyways... IF you want an EXTREMELY high end guitar for mid-low end pricing... you owe it to yourself to try the eastman line of mahogany backed flat tops.... the ones that have "blown me away" are superbly built instruments...

me
Old 07-27-2009, 04:27 PM

Yep - Eastmans sound and play great.

The best things in life, are not Things...
Old 07-27-2009, 06:46 PM

Sounds like a great guitar. Eastmans get a lot of praise. I'd like to get ahold of one to play one of these days.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:16 PM

I know I enjoy my OM (AC710S).

Bill

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion