The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-27-2016, 05:29 AM
Charter Member

Default Fishman Customer Service- A+

I just have to give a shout out to Fishman for some great customer service. I recently bought a Guild guitar on line which had the Fishman Sonitone pickup with the preamp controls inside the sound hole. On first use, the part of the preamp with the volume/tone controls popped out of the housing. Probably something that happened during the install on the original build. Unfortunately, that is a pretty dang hard place to try putting the part back in. You can't see how it clips in, have to go by feel.

Long story short, after contacting the retailer (they offered to swap out the guitar), I decided to contact Fishman to see if there was a simple solution to reattaching that control. Frank Padellaro from Fishman replied promptly and he is sending me a new housing with fresh adhesive strips at no charge. Now, mind you, I didn't buy anything from Fishman and this is not exactly their top of the line system. But their response in helping solve my problem truly deserves some high praise, IMHO.

So, kudos to Frank and to Fishman.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:42 AM

I completely agree. Their service is exceptional.
'66 Gibson J-200, '55 J50, JB Model 1; Martin M-36; Micheletti Osprey Rigid Rim; Collings OM2H, GR Bear OM C; Emerald X10 Slimline; Gretsch HOF Country Gent & G6120CMHOF; Gibson ES-165; CP Thornton Improv; Veillette Flyer 14 & Lyric; Anderson Crowdster++ ....
Old 10-27-2016, 07:20 AM
Charter Member

Kudos to Fishman for doing the right thing! Nothing solidifies your name in the industry better (IMHO) that standing behind your product and rectifying issues like this one. Well done Frank Padellaro and Fishman!

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 10-27-2016, 07:22 AM

I agree. Frank replied to me to answer a question on the Loadbox mini. Timely response. And the answer I hoped for.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:20 AM

Fishman service are great. I bought a used SA220 that the XLR jack on one channel was not working (for a phenomenal price due to this issue). Contacted Fishman and they informed it was the intake board. They offered to fix it for free if I sent the unit to them (cost prohibitive) or send me the board and instruction how to replace for $20. I followed their instructions (fairly simple) and viola!

http://www.reverbnation.com/museric?...eader_icon_nav

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxt...-_xka6GsUr9v4Q

https://soundcloud.com/museric-1

Breedlove American C25/SSe
Delgado Candelas Jumbo
Eastman AC420
Eastman E10D
Eastman E10SS
Fender (MIM) Stratocaster
Old 10-27-2016, 09:45 AM

Frank is a legend and Ive also had oustanding customer service experience from Fishman. Completely opposite to Baggs which leaves a lot to be desired.
The Pickers 43' Gibson LG-2, 09' Furch OM 32SM (custom) , 02' Martin J-40
The Beater 99' Cort Earth 100
What we do on weekends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/doubleshotprague

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion