The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-26-2016, 08:46 AM

Default Walden Bolt On neck???

Does anyone know how the neck of a Walden Natura Model: D560CE is attached. The company is closed. Their online catalogue claims it is a bolt on neck and shows a neck heel with 2 bolts sticking out.

I am doing a neck reset for my brother and when I examine the neck block inside there are NO bolt heads at all. Does anyone know what is going on or where I could find this info? I can't move forward until I know what I am dealing with.

Thanks

fred
Old 10-26-2016, 08:59 AM

This might help

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=375918
Old 10-26-2016, 09:42 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasby View Post
Does anyone know how the neck of a Walden Natura Model: D560CE is attached. The company is closed. Their online catalogue claims it is a bolt on neck and shows a neck heel with 2 bolts sticking out.

I am doing a neck reset for my brother and when I examine the neck block inside there are NO bolt heads at all. Does anyone know what is going on or where I could find this info? I can't move forward until I know what I am dealing with.

Thanks

fred
Fred,
Pry off that wooden plate.....

HE
Old 10-26-2016, 02:47 PM

Default thanks found the bolts

Thanks Dodge for the link. It took some reading until I got this quote,(altho my Walden appears to have a WOOD COVER for the bolts, not a piece of paper….)

I did not see that at first or second reading, i read the how to article, and thought I was still in the same situation because the pic posted looked like a solid neck block with no bolts.

Now your comment makes sense HE.

Sure enough a thin wood veneer peeled and broke off revealing the bolts.

So thanks to you both for responding!!!

now onward to the reset

thanks again

fred
Old 10-06-2020, 03:55 PM

Most of the threads I've seen on the Walden neck joint refer to neck resets done with the fretboard extension left glued in place. Works fine, but I needed to get mine all the way apart, so I'm adding some info and pictures to this thread:

I have a Walden SupraNatura G1070 S/N 040251. It got in a wreck so I took it part to assess the damage. NOTE: The neck joint fasteners are two press-fit upper steel pins, plus two bolts, plus the glue joint at the fretboard extension. I heated the fretboard extension for 10 minutes - this has historically been enough to defeat the fretboard extension glue bond for me (on about 50 Martin guitars, a few Guilds, and too many generic others to count). The heat did not change the glue bond here, so you can see I actually ended up cutting it with a thin knife. Perhaps more heat or time would defeat the bond. The small steel pins you see here are not glued in - they are nicely press fit. 1. Remove the paper label or wood cover over the interior neck bolts. 2. Remove the two neck bolts. 3. Separate the joint between the top and the fretboard extension. 4. The only way to remove the neck is to firmly pull it straight out and away from the two steel pins. I had to wiggle the joint a bit while pulling to remove my neck.

Last edited by H165; 10-06-2020 at 04:02 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion