The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-08-2001, 09:50 PM
Charter Member

Post NEWSFLASH! 410CE fights back!

So im playing my 4 month old 410CE in my room, and a few friends are chatting outside my room and I hear them come to a subject I am interested in, so I go to take my guitar off really quickly (since im playing it using my wonderful honey brown suede taylor strap) and proceed to clock myself in the left eyebrow with the top corner (the corner in front of the fishman preamp) and open up a nice little gash on the underside of my left eye socket. Talk about your all time moronic moves. Fortunately, nobody saw this...for it would certainly have been the end of my dignity. Im sure Clapton never knocked his head with his guitar. This is roughly the equivilant of opening your car door and hitting your chin with it, or slamming your foot in the door before you are fully in the car. So yeah, basically, my Taylor (The Goose) bit me, though i still love it to death. Anyone else have any tales of OITR (owner induced Taylor revenge) or...anyone done the same thing? ::crosses fingers:: maybe im not the only one...

Ryan

(Insert one line representation of cleverness here)
Old 10-08-2001, 10:06 PM
Charter Member

Well Ryan,
Several times I have pierced my fingers during a string change and ow! it always draws blood and smarts too.
Old 10-08-2001, 11:41 PM
Charter Member

yes, i will definitely agree that the string change finger pierce is a pain in the bum, and though i've done that many times, this is the first time ive been a victim of the dreadnaught brow-bash any other good guitar related injuries out there?

Ryan

(Insert one line representation of cleverness here)
Old 10-09-2001, 01:07 AM

Wink

I haven't whacked myself with any guitars yet but, I did hit myself right square in the nose with a drumstick during church 2 weeks ago. Yikes, that hurt. I had tears coming down my face and everything. I think everyone just thought I was moved by the music....little did they know!
Old 10-09-2001, 09:01 AM

Cool

Not only have I beat myself with drumsticks(common thing) Ive hit myself in the head so many times wth the neck of a guitar I cant recall them all(to many hits in the head I guess) Playing on stage presents a whole new set of dangers from tripping over chords to walking right off the front of the stage, backing over the drummer(and drums), walking head on with the bass player or lead guitarist, slipping down in my own sweat almost electricuted on a mic. Yeah all these and more. Higher risk than people think and having two left feet doesnt help, LOL! JW
Old 10-09-2001, 10:19 PM

during the last string change on my 614ce, I was pulling out a bridge pin with needle-nose pliers, and I had some layers of paper towel in there to protect the pin, and it was sliding around a little and I was making adjustments and... I pinched my finger good with the pliers, and got a blood blister. I forgot myself momentarily, and cried, "oh fiddlesticks!" Well, I cried out something like that...
Old 10-10-2001, 01:19 AM

I haven't hit myself with my Taylor yet, but I whacked myself in the forehead (just missed my eye) with my mic last Sunday as I was bending down to adjust an effects pedal. Good thing my mic was off or else there would have been a major thunk throughout the entire sanctuary.

I once broke a string and nearly took out the eye of one of the singer standing next to me.

While we're talking about dumb things...once I reached up to scratch my nose during the pastor's prayer and accidentally raked my thumb across all five strings of my electric bass which was still turned on. Oops...200W of bass noise is a little distracting during prayer...

Ken
Old 10-10-2001, 08:18 AM
st alphonsos

I`m not so sure about Clapton. As you well know he went through some "self medicating" periods... haven`t we all... and who knows what happened. He may have done the exact same thing and not remembered doing it.
Old 10-10-2001, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by st alphonsos:
<STRONG>I`m not so sure about Clapton. As you well know he went through some "self medicating" periods... haven`t we all... and who knows what happened. He may have done the exact same thing and not remembered doing it.</STRONG>
All of us thatwent throught the 60s-70s wernt as well informed of the use of some "medications" and it was the Age of Aqarious or something. We are much more informed today. With Clapton its sad one of his best songs "tears in Heaven" had to be born out of the tragic death of his son. But thats where most of the best songs come from is pain and experiance. Late 60s were a blur but early 70s woke me up to sound of bullets zinging past and 100% humiity, wet socks and snakes in my boots.JW

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion