The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-21-2001, 04:44 PM

Question How have you labeled your Taylor?

I was just wonder how people have labeled their guitars so that if the guitar was stolen you could identify it. I have taken lots of pictures of my new guitar and am probably going to put a small label (with my name and address) inside the guitar. I was just wondering what others have done and if anyone would have some advice on this.

Josh
Old 11-21-2001, 05:50 PM

Welcome to the forum! Your Taylor should already have a sticker inside it with a number on it. If you are the original owner, and you registered it with Taylor, you have proof of ownership for your insurance company that it was your guitar. I believe that even if you are not the original owner, you can still register it with Taylor, you just would not have a warranty. Anybody out there please correct me on this if it is not true. Make sure you photograph the sticker inside if you can. Also, keep your sales receipt.
Old 11-21-2001, 06:37 PM

I can produce a piece of microfilm with something like:

This guitar belongs to:
name
address
telephone number
email address
Other information as desired.

It will be about 1/2" square and can be taped somewhere on the inside of the guitar or even under the truss rod cover. It does not necessarily require a special reader to read the information, a standard magnifying glass will work.

Anyone interested in getting a microfilm ID label feel free to email me. Please put "microfilm label" on the subject line.
[email protected]
SM

'96 Taylor 514C
'97 Taylor 514CW
'99 Taylor K14C
'06 Taylor GSMC
'03 Gretsch Nashville Classic

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion